Thursday 9 August, 2007

Piano.com???

Once in an interview I was asked which architect's work has impressed me.Well, Im a Charles correa fan and have always loved his work,but people here would relate better to architects with a better international standing and it was only Santiago Calatrava who came to my rescue for God knows what reasons!
While in school,we had had a subject called 'Contemporary architecture' where we got to study works of renowned architects of the modern era.There was a very impressive structure which for its stark nakedness and being able to blend in a classic atmosphere with ease caught our eye!This is the Pompidou centre in Paris,designed by Renzo Piano ( Rogers and Piano initially) The whole theme,the basis of giving colours to different services baffles the eye.
The other project 'Kansai international airport terminal' needs no introduction.Would be best to let the images to give the picture!we are talking about an artificial island built on the bay of Osaka!Who ever thought one could concieve in reality...... such stupendously mindblowing ideas??(this strong adjective was needed)

Well one thing decided....I need a brushup of my school work and yes,remember that my fav is Renzo Piano!!!!

1 comment:

Shilpa said...

I change, yet again...back to Calatrava :-)