Monday 7 June, 2010

Me and my Dentist!

I finally visited my dentist today,"My dentist" ante, my foot! this was my first visit to this clinic I picked as it was about 25 minutes by walk, and Megha, my friend 2 floors above us recommended them, and also, we constantly receive their brochures by mail even when we do not request any!
This was definitely my 2nd choice....my first one being a "Dental Spa" or something like that. The reviews they get are awesome, I believe they give you a paraffin wax hand massage/manicure the first time you visit, also make a caffeine beverage of your choice (yes any latte you ask for) as you leave!.
Why I didn't pick the spa thing? it all sounded way too fishy, as if they make you feel this good while they milk your money?
Anyway, I made an appointment with this other dentist, kept up with them and got the verdict......(drum roll please)

a. 5 cavities ( 2 filled today)
b. 1 RC (Root canal treatment for the healthy teeth freaks who do not frequent the dentist)
c. A stupid 'Crown' or what we call a cap in India to top that RC!

well, with what the billing people at this dentist's office call "Awesome Insurance"
I will end up paying 900 to a whooping 1000 &%$#@)^ dollars!!!!!!! please don't hate me B, please and others reading, please pray I get a job soon (I would love to treat B for all this right)

I now take this very special opportunity to thank my beautiful Mom, handsome Dad, Grandmas, Grandpas, uncles, aunties and any other wonderful soul who has passed on this amazing gene of having pathetic oral health!

Ps: No, I am not to blame just because I brush at least twice a day, rinse twice a day and brush again after coffee/tea/sugar I consume....Period, I am NOT to blame.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All is well except the 900 to 1000 dollars bill.Pali are you getting RC filled or IRC(Indian River Canal)??!!! I told you to lose weight,see now the RC is proportional to body weight I guess;-)

Shilpa said...

Sigh...Pakhi I am glad I haven't been putting on any weight, forget losing any!lol...how are your pearls doing?

Unknown said...

Not too well Pali.I may have to visit my dentist very soon too but hoping for less than what you paid!

rammi said...

hey i read coffee is good for teeth .. they protect !!! somethin like tht .. i read it many times .. check out