Thursday 1 November, 2007

Ayn Rand


" We the living ", an impressionable novel by Ayn Rand is just the 2nd one that has had quite an impact on me. " Atlas Shrugged " being the first, also an Ayn Rand creation. She really has her special way of letting each reader imagine the whole setting, the characters though are so vividly described that she leaves no room, absolutely nothing at all for our imagination. So I believe John Galt in everybody's vision would be so akin that if I get into someone's head, I can say hello to him!(Please assume this person knows who John Galt is)
Getting back to "We the living", I would love to suggest it as a read for any person who needs to be motivated in a, well.....strange way!I also decided that this would be the perfect gift for someone special, for any occasion until it bombed. It was Raji's B'day and I thought Id suprise her with the novel, assuming she wouldnt have read it. I was so wrong, not only had she read it, but also had bought her own copy!!well, that was the last time I gifted a novel without checking if they already had one!

No comments: