Thursday 20 May, 2010

Graduated :-)

Yes I am the new graduate in town :-) had my sister, BIL and Niece over to celebrate and did we have fun or what?
Destinations in 2 weeks; Vegasssss, loads of malls, Park City, Bear Lake and the famous Salt Flats.
The time we had driving, fighting (Inevitable btw sisters), hogging (unmentionable pounds) and goofing around with the little one....sigh, totally precious.
With B at work, I now end up avoiding our living room, our beautiful sunny patio just because they remind me of the last 2 weeks of fun. I do miss them all terribly but now wonder why we do this to ourselves, move away from the most important things in life like family and friends?
I still call Bangalore my home, speak in any Indian dialect I manage at the drop of a hat, fell super satisfied after a hot Indian meal and miss my friends and family at home like CRAZY!!
I also like the fresh air here, the beautiful valley I live in, to bike w/o being run over, the school I got my Master's from, new friends I've made and the cozy apartment B and I live in.
I cannot, atleast at this point decide what I want for the future, all I know is we have to find a way to feel contented wherever we are.
As for my niece, I get to spend a couple more days with her this weekend before she crosses oceans, if I take a 4 hour, very expensive flight (courtesy B)
.....will I do it?

Oh yes I will, cant wait to hear her yell "Shillu" :-D

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yippieeeeeeee Pali.You made it.You have made us all very proud.
On a serious note : Congratulations and there are times I feel like talking to you and don't have a substitute yet.Hope to see you soon :-) Happy family time to u all!

Manasa said...

Pali, congratulations!!! You made it! :)
Have a wonderful time with family!!

Divya said...

Wow...U graduated?? Congratulations Pali!!!!!!!! Am so jealous :P
Have all the fun you can with the family...u deserve it girl :))

Shilpa said...

Thank you Pakhi...we should talk sometime soon, come online when your son permits you.

Shilpa said...

Pachu thanks a ton, it was fun with family, very quickly those 3 weeks went by!

Shilpa said...

Yep Divvi, I made it...you know you can do it, in a few years when Suyog is a lil older?

rammi said...

ohhhhhhhhh :( ..