Friday 20 February, 2009

" Solitude "

There's something about Salt Lake downtown that makes me smile even on a cold day!
Today evening, I got off one stop behind and decided to walk the last 2 blocks to our apartment.
There is this beautiful cathedral on the way which has always beckoned me but Id never had this urge to get in though! Today, I decided would be the day to explore this. I walked in with a little ambiguity as I didn't know if they allowed everybody!
Two doors later, just as my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, I found myself in absolute solitude.
Ive always had this complaint that my mind has a hard time to get clear and no matter how peaceful the surrounding, it has some damn thought lurking in the background.
Well, this evening I had no difficulty in achieving that. This cathedral was so captivating with its ambiance and this strange quality that is totally unexplainable that I found myself lost in some spell!
Now on, every time I hear the church bells ring, I'll get to picture that moment of solitude.
This case, its going to be every 15 mins, when in my apartment!

( Will post a picture sometime soon )

No comments: