Tuesday 11 December, 2007

Whats in a cake?

Bangalore has more bakeries on any given road than grocery stores and the unique dishes made here are seldom seen elsewhere...Ive relished "Apple cakes" and feasted on them like theres no tommorow! What are they btw?

I, with a hope of recreating them here googled apple cakes and realising none matched namma bakery style, added Bangalore to the search.......
Blogs, blogs and more blogs of my generation ppl who have apparently grown up eating this appleless wonder!

It is difficult to generalize the way they are presented in the glass cases! some bakers give it a nice coloured icing ( not my type ) while others care a little less and callously dust some coconut to make them look intresting ( might be I pity these less cared for cakes )I miss that cheap little delicacy!

How do I describe it?
Every sweet tooth's fantasy, every school over-home returning kid's budget matcher, every baker's leftover cake da amalgam, every savoury veg puff's best companion......

No comments: