Friday 9 May, 2008

Diamonds are not always girls best friends!

Just so that my clothes fit me when Im back from a 2 month vacation to India, I decided firmly to forgo the most important element of my meal......BREAD.
A huge (understatement) fan/devout/consumer of this simple thing, a fetish of mine for ages, and I stopped having bread for about a month just to help my so called diet go full swing.
The results, yes it did help but that is not the point!
Today, on his way back from work, Balu stopped by the bank for some official work and my fav Great harvest bakery is right beside. He got a whiff of freshly baked bread and without thinking twice, paid a prompt visit that was due for so long!
He surprised me with 2 loaves of bread!!!!
To me its like getting home a hand crafted Birkin bag or a pair of red hot Jimmy Choos.....well, Id like the latter too, but this gesture gave me such joy that I had to be extra sweet to him.

ps;People who find this silly have NO idea how much I like bread........and I'll finally get to see my niece come Wednesday!

3 comments:

Deepika said...

I can vouch for my dear bread crazy sis:-)))) Sorry shills....by chance happened to check your blog.....been updated so much:-))) I had to comment on this one....way to go:-DDDD

Shilpa said...

Gee thanks Deeps...waiting to hit our bakeries in B'lore...;-)

Unknown said...

You are sooooooooooo Pali even now and I love it :)